Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you use the liquid or the dry first?
- Does the Liquid have to be refrigerated?
- How much do I use on one pound of meat?
- Is Daddy Hinkle's good on grilled veggies?
- How much will a 1.5-oz package do?
- How long do I have to leave it on before cooking?
- Can I buy the liquid and dry separately?
- I see Papain in the ingredients. What is Papain?
- Is there a difference in the O'riginal, Southwest, and Hotter liquid marinades?
- How much dry should I buy to go with a gallon of liquid?
- Why is my shipping cost so high?
- How long will it take to get my order?
- How do I order if I am a grocery store, meat market or restaurant?
- Do you sell emails or share my information?
- Do your products contain gluten?
The most important thing is to use both together. Dash on some liquid, and then sprinkle on a light coating of dry.
No, but it doesn't hurt to refrigerate it.
We recommend 1/2 Oz of liquid and 1/2 Oz of Dry per pound. A little goes a long way.
Yes! Coat with olive oil, sprinkle on some Daddy Hinkle's, and grill the veggies. Great Fajitas too.
The 1.5 oz package will do at least 2 pounds of meat.
Sprinkle on the wet and dry and let stand a few minutes. After sprinkling with Daddy Hinkles, for best results, we like to let the meat warm up to room temp before cooking.
Only a few stores sell the liquid and dry separately. You can order it on the products page, call us at 1-800-298-3929, or fill out the store petition form.
Papain is the commercial name of the tenderizer we use in the Dry seasonings, and it comes from papaya.
No. The liquid is the same for all flavors of Daddy Hinkle's.
We recommend buying at least 2 pounds. The ration of wet to dry is 1 Oz to 1/2 Oz of dry. 1 gal of liquid has 128 Ounces, so the ratio would be 64 ounces of dry which would equal 4 pounds of dry to 1 gal of liquid.
Good question. We charge customers what UPS or the Postal Service charges us to ship to you. We do try to find the cheapest way to get Daddy Hinkle's to you. We can sometimes save you money by shipping through the Post (depending on your zip code and the weight of the package). Buying by the case will help offset shipping charges.
Most orders ship within 24-48 hours via UPS. The transit time will depend on your zip code. UPS will send tracking notification when your order ships. If you are concerned about getting your order by a specific date, you can always call us at 1-800-298-3929.
Just call 1-800-298-3929 between 8 am and 4 pm Monday thru Friday or leave a message after hours and on weekends. We will get back to you as soon as possible, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and request wholesale pricing.
Absolutely not! If you sign up for our newsletter, we will only send it to alert you of sales. We typically only send out our newsletter a couple of times a year, so you won't be bombarded with information from us. We understand your concern for privacy, and we honor it by using best practices.
Both the liquid and the dry portion of Hinkle's are gluten free.