Instead they use pressure to tell how done a steak is. They also know how different cuts of meat respond to pressure when rare, medium rare, or well done. If you are a beginning cook don’t worry. With practice, and Daddy Hinkle’s instant meat marinades, you will become an expert too.
- Season the meat with Daddy Hinkle’s and let it warm up to room temperature.
- With a spatula press down on the meat and feel how the raw meat feels when you apply some pressure. It will feel very soft or even mushy. That is your starting point of reference–raw.
- Put the meat on the grill and start the cooking process. As it cooks, it will feel firmer and firmer. Remember how it felt when raw.
- If you have a meat thermometer, you can check the internal temp and feel how soft or firm the steak is with each change of temperature.
- Practice with each cut of meat until you can judge the doneness of the steak. Soon you will be an expert.